Friday, December 11, 2009

Gatlinburg

We spent Thanksgiving weekend in the mountains this year as part of our Christmas. Bryan and Emma got to see Gatlinburg for the first time and this was my first time to see it with the Christmas lights. The drive took a little longer than expected, what should have been a 4 hour drive turned into an 8 hour drive that ended in a meltdown with Emma and myself crying. We loved our hotel and was lucky that it had a restaurant in it so we didn't have to get out in the cold when we finally made it there on Friday evening. On Saturday, we got ready and visited the Ripley's Aquarium, Ripley's Guinness Book of World Records, and Ripley's mirror maze and candy factory. We also took the tram to the top of the mountain and had dinner at the wonderful Smokey Mountain Brewery as well as walked the streets of Gatlinburg looking at the little shops and enjoying scenery.

Gatlinburg!

Our wonderful room
Can you find the fish?










1 comment:

Greg and Lisa said...

Looks like you guys had a great time after getting there! I'm sorry that your drive was such a nightmare! I hope the drive back only took 4 hours! The hotel room had a fireplace in it! That's awesome! And I'm staying away from McKinney now that I know the worst driver ever lives there! Merry Christmas! We got your card the other day! I need to send out ours!