Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Good report

I went back to the doctor today and received a good report. My cervical length was shorter than last week but not enough for her to be concerned. My fluid, blood pressure and weight is doing great. My cervix has started to soften but has not opened at this point so I think that is a sign that we need to get Emma's room finished just in case. During the ultrasound she was looking around and blinking. We were able to get the best ultrasound pic yet. You can see her head, tummy and knees and was sucking on her thumb. I was able to return to work this past Monday with the rule of staying off my feet. When we get home at night I'm ready for bed. My energy level is little to nothing. My feet and legs are so swollen that you can't tell where each ends and begins. The joys of pregnancy. We have the first baby shower Sunday for family and friends. I'm so excited because everyone has worked so hard on it. We will also have a shower next Thursday at work and can't wait for it. Everyone is tickled that there will be a new baby at the Central Office and it is a little girl to dress up. We haven't painted the nursery yet but maybe by next weekend we can start. My mom brought up all the stuff that had been stored at their house until we got in and got settled at our house. It is amazing at how much stuff you need for a baby. Well that is all for now. We will post pics of the showers and hopefully the great ultrasound pic by next week. Have a great rest of the week!!!!

2 comments:

Greg and Lisa said...

Sounds like things are going better! I'm glad that everything checked out OK! Are you guys going to make it to the boys high school reunion in a couple weeks? Keep up the great work and try to stay off your feet!

Greg and Lisa said...

We'll definitely miss you guys at the reunion. Have a great time at your baby showers! We'll post some pics of the reunion!